Thursday, May 9, 2013

PerformancePoint Troubleshooting

Unexpected     System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

What I was trying to do:

View a PerformancePoint Dashboard

Log shows:

Unexpected     System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

How to troubleshoot:

  1. Bump up the execution timeout for PerformancePoint by modifying the web.config for httpRuntime’s executionTimeout.  See Jeff Widmer’s blog.
  2. Turn off some of the webparts by adding this to the URL: ?contents=1?PageView=Personal. See SharePoint Steve’s blog.

This made it obvious in this situation that it was the data source that was at the heart of the issue.

HTTP request was forbidden with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'

What I was trying to do:

Edit a Data Connection to a PerformancePoint dashboard.  I had changed it over to “Per User Identity” and it claimed it connected, but when I ran the dashboards they timed out.

Log shows:

Critical    An unexpected error occurred.  Error 27192.  Exception details: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request was forbidden with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'.

 

How to fix?

Turns out that there were 12 applications using the same application pool.  Who installed this?  Normally each app should have it’s own pool so it doesn’t take down the entire site when it fails.

So I created a new app pool and held my breath!

image

Then I stopped and restarted the service (which you can do from inside the Sharepoint admin console).

I switched the Data Source back to use the Unattended Execution account (for now … until I have time to work the Kerberos issues out).

No comments:

Post a Comment